THE NEXT PHASE OF YOUR EXCITING JOURNEY WITH CHRIST JUST BEGAN!
We are thrilled that you have connected with us. We’re even more thrilled that you accepted Christ. That was the greatest decision you will ever make in your life. You walked into your destiny and purpose, and your life will never be the same. Your transformation has begun. But we’re here to help grow and mature in Christ. We specialize in making authentic Christ followers, and we live to see this become a reality in your life. Here are a few things that happened to you:
Many Wonderful Benefits of Salvation
The first thing that happened is you became a born again believer. That’s not religious spam. It’s truth. You became a new person when you invited Christ into your heart according to 2 Corinthians 5:17. It says:
If any man be in Christ, he is a NEW CREATURE: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
The second thing that happened is God forgave all your sins. See Ephesians 1:7. He no longer remembers that you ever sinned, no matter how bad your sins were. The precious blood of His dear Son, Jesus Christ, atones for every one of them, past, present, and future. He literally wiped your slate clean.
The third thing that happened is you became a citizen of the Kingdom of God. Colossians 1:13 says, Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: As a kingdom citizen, you have certain rights and benefits. As you mature in Christ, you will learn how valuable your kingdom citizenship is.
In order to begin that journey of maturity, you should:
- Join a life group
- Complete our Saltmakers 360 discipleship classes. We designed this course to introduce new believers to the fundamentals of the Christian faith.
- Take our spiritual survey to discover your spiritual giftings
- Find opportunities to serve
What you’ll get from connecting with Saltmakers Church
Here’s what you will receive from connecting with our church:
- Strong biblical teaching. Strong biblical teaching is critical for several reasons. In 1 Peter 2:2 (KJV), the Apostle Peter says, “As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby.” You need the Word of God like a new baby needs milk. You cannot develop correctly without strong biblical teaching.
- Fellowship with other Christians. You need the godly influence of other believers. If you continue to socialize with your unsaved friends, they will stunt your Christian growth, even cause you to backslide, by encouraging your involvement in activities that are not conducive to spiritual growth. Here’s the warning the Bible gives on this point: “Do not be so deceived and misled! Evil companionships (communion, associations) corrupt and deprave good manners and morals and character,” 1 Corinthians 15:33 (AMP).
- Instructions on Bible studying. We will teach how to study the Bible. You will need an easy to understand Bible and Vines Expository Dictionary. You can purchase both on your phone or tablet if you choose. We encourage you to read your Bible daily alongside your Vines Dictionary — preferably in the morning. A good starting place is the gospel of John.
- Instructions on prayer. We’ll also teach you how to pray. You’ll learn that prayer is talking to God like a close friend, then getting quiet and allowing Him to speak to you. You will learn how to hear and recognize His voice inside you. His voice will become familiar to you.
You will receive many other great benefits from being connected to Christ and us. Once again, welcome to the family of God and ours.